Create a personal fundraiser on Facebook
Change platform:Computer Help
Personal fundraisers on Facebook are ending soon. Learn more.
You can raise money for things like tuition, medical expenses, and community projects.
Before you start, check that donations and personal fundraising is available in your country. You must be at least 18 years old to create a personal fundraiser.
Create a fundraiser
Note: Your fundraiser will not be able to receive donations automatically. Your identity will have to be verified. We will also review your fundraiser to check that it meets our community standards, policies, and terms. Learn more about why a personal fundraiser might be taken down or denied.
- On your computer, login to Facebook.
- On the left, click Fundraisers. You may need to click See more first.
- On left, click Raise money.
- Click Personal cause.
- Choose the category for your fundraiser. Example: If your car was damaged and you need help with repairs, then click Personal emergency.
- Note: If your fundraiser doesn’t fit into any of the categories, then scroll down and click Other.
- On the left, enter:
- A name for your fundraiser
- The story behind your fundraiser
- The goal amount of money you want to raise
- The date to end the fundraiser
- Click Create. You’ll automatically be taken to a screen to enter your personal info. We need this info to confirm your identity and to pay you out.
- Enter your personal info.
- Click Submit.
After you create your fundraiser, we will review it. We’ll send a message to your Support Inbox to let you know if it’s approved.Only bank accounts in eligible countries or regions can be used to receive payouts from fundraisers.