What categories of my Facebook data are available to me?
Tip: Learn how to download a copy of your Facebook information using the Download Your Information tool.
We store different categories of data for different time periods, so you may not find all data from the time you joined Facebook. You won't find information or content that you deleted because we delete that content from our servers.
Depending on the data category you are interested in, we offer you a variety of tools to view, manage, and download your information.
Within the Your Facebook Information section of your account settings, you can download a copy of your Facebook information at any time using the Download Your Information tool. If you'd like to view your information within the Facebook app, you can use the Access Your Information tool.
What categories of data are available in your Facebook settings?
The Access Your Information tool and Download Your Information tool both provide a summary of your Facebook profile information that you can access at any time and in a single place. We've categorized this information by type.
The categories include:
- Your Activity Across Facebook: Information and activity from different areas of Facebook, such as posts you’ve created, photos you’re tagged in, groups you belong to and more.
- Personal Information: Information that you’ve provided when you set up your Facebook accounts and profiles.
- Connections: Who and how you’ve connected with people on Facebook, including things like your friends and followers.
- Logged Information: Information that Facebook logs about your activity, including things like your location history and search history.
- Security and Login Information: Technical information and logged activity related to your account.
- Apps and Websites off of Facebook: Apps you own and activity we receive from apps and websites off of Facebook.
- Preferences: Actions you’ve taken to customize your experience on Facebook.
- Ad information: Your interactions with ads and advertisers on Facebook.
Additional ResourcesThese tools and resources are available in the Your Facebook Information section of your account settings to help you view, manage, download, and delete your information.
- Access Your Profile Information: A summary of your Facebook information that you can access at any time and in a single place. We've categorized this information by type so you can find what you're looking for.
- Transfer a Copy of Your Information: Copy your photos, videos, posts or other information to another service.
- Download Your Information: Download a copy of your Facebook information. You can download all your categories of information at once, or you can select the specific categories and date ranges you want. Learn more about downloading your information on Facebook.
- Activity Log: Within your profile, your activity log is a history of that profile's activity on Facebook. Review and manage things you share, from posts you've commented on or liked to apps you have used or anything you've searched for. Learn more about your activity log.
- Off-Facebook Activity: View or clear activity from businesses and organizations you visit off of Facebook. You can only view this information when you’re switched into your main profile.
- Managing Your Information: Learn how to manage your information on Facebook and get answers to common questions.
- Deactivation and Deletion: Temporarily deactivate or permanently delete your profile.