How do I send or receive money in Facebook messages?
Change platform:Computer Help
Payments in Facebook messages are only available in the US at this time.
To send and receive money in Facebook messages, you need to add an accepted payment method to your account.
To send money:
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Click at the top right of your screen.
- Start a chat with the person you want to send money to.
- Click at the bottom of the chat, then select .
- Enter the amount you want to send, then click Pay.
- Click Confirm [dollar amount] Payment.
- If you created a Meta Pay PIN, enter it to confirm your payment.
To receive money:
If you already have a payment method linked to your account, any money sent to you is transferred right away. Note: It may take your payment provider up to 3-5 business days to post the money to your account.
If you need help with payments in Facebook messages, please contact our support team.
For more support with receiving money sent on Messenger, call 1-888-851-6382. A phone agent may open a case for you.
These agents can only open cases for problems with nonprofit fundraisers and donations, or sending or receiving money on Messenger.