How do I send or receive money in Facebook messages?
Change platform:Computer Help
This article is about sending or receiving money on Facebook on a computer. For help with sending or receiving money on mobile devices using the Messenger app, visit the Messenger Help Center.
To send money:
- Open a chat with the person you want to send money to.
- Click at the bottom of the chat box, then select .
- Enter the dollar amount you want to send (example: $10) and click Pay.
- Click Confirm [dollar amount] Payment.
- If you haven't added a payment method, click Add Debit Card or Add PayPal and enter your account info, then click Save.
To receive money:
- Open the conversation containing the money.
- Click Add Debit Card or Add PayPal in the conversation and follow the onscreen instructions.
- If you already have a debit card or PayPal account linked, or have received money through messages before, the money is transferred right away to the card or account on file.
Keep in mind your payment provider may take up to 3-5 business days to make the money available to you.
If the sign in messages is grayed out or missing, or you don't have access to Payments in messages, please complete this form.