How do I schedule a class for my Facebook Page?
Change platform:Computer Help
Facebook Classes are a type of online event that you can create on Facebook. You can schedule a class for your Facebook Page, but all Page events and classes are public.
To schedule an online class:
- From your News Feed, click Events in the left menu. You may have to click See more first.
- Click +Create New Event.
- Below Create Event, click next to your name, then select your Facebook Page.
- Click Online.
- Select Free or Paid.
- Add the class details, then click Next.
- If this is a paid class, set the cost and click Next.
- Select how you want to broadcast your video:
- Facebook Live: Use to broadcast a one-way video that your guests can comment and react to.
- External Link: Use if your event is off of Facebook. Include anything that guests may need to know in the event description.
- Other: Make sure to include clear instructions on how to participate.
- Enter any class requirements (like required equipment or minimum skill level) and click Next.
- Click Create Event.
Online Event Formats
You can live stream events, performances, gatherings and more on Facebook. Viewers can watch from a phone, computer or connected TV, and there isn't a limit on the number of viewers. Facebook Live videos are recorded and saved to the event page.
Shortly before your event starts, we’ll send you a reminder notification. Start your live video and people can watch from the event or their News Feed. Co-hosts can request to join the broadcast, but only you can start it.
You can add a link to a third-party site or app where guests can watch the event. Because the event happens off Facebook, make sure to include anything the guests may need to know in the event description.
There is no video link or join button for this type of event, so make sure you explain how to participate in the event description. For example, a moment of silence at a specific time, or set time aside for a book club to read.