Change your audience on a reel you shared to Facebook
Android App Help
iPhone App Help
Facebook Lite App Help
Using www.facebook.com to change the audience of your reel on Facebook isn’t yet available to everyone. If you’re unable to change your audience, use the Facebook app for iPhone and Android.
The audience of your reel determines who on or off Facebook can watch it.
Reels are first set to the Public audience, but you can change your audience while creating your reel and you can change it at any time. You can also set a default audience for your future reels.
Keep in mind, Public reels can be viewed by anyone on or off Facebook.
Additionally, reels set to Public can have remixing enabled and their original audio may be used by other people in their reels on Facebook.
To change the audience of a reel you’ve shared:
- From your feed, click your profile picture in the top right.
- Click your name.
- Click Reels, then click the reel you’d like to change.
- Click in the top right.
- Click Edit Audience.
- Click the audience you’d like to share your reel with. Your change will be saved immediately.
The available audiences for your reel video may include:
- Public: Anyone, including people off of Facebook, can see your reel.
- Friends: Only your friends on Facebook can see your reel.
- Friends except...: Your friends on Facebook, except for the friends you choose, can see your reel.
Note: If you share a reel from your Instagram account to your Facebook account, and you haven’t selected a default audience for reels on Facebook, your default audience on Facebook is automatically set to Friends for a private Instagram account or Public for a public Instagram account. This will be your default audience for reels on Facebook until you change it on Facebook.
Keep in mind that your followers on Instagram may not be the same as your friends on Facebook, so if you share a reel from Instagram to Facebook, you may be sharing your reel with different people.