How do I control how much data Facebook uses on my phone?
Change platform:Basic Mobile Browser Help
Facebook.com on mobile browsers is in the process of being updated.
You can control how much data Facebook uses and how fast it loads by adjusting how many photos you want to see. To do this:
- Scroll to the bottom of Facebook and tap Settings & Privacy.
- Tap Media below Preferences.
- Tap to select Less, Normal or More and tap Save.
Here's how each setting works:
- Less: Facebook won't show any photos.
- Normal: Facebook will show all photos in low quality.
- More: Facebook will show all photos in high quality.
If your setting is on Normal or More, but your photos are showing as black boxes, empty boxes or broken images, learn how to report a problem.