How do I sell an item on Facebook Marketplace?
We suggest following the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for how to stay healthy and help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) while buying and selling. Be sure to check and follow local laws and directives that may be in place during this time.
If you're meeting someone in person, we recommend arranging your meeting in a public, well-lit area or a police station. Let others know where you're headed. You can find a local law enforcement agency near you in the United States from the USACOPS directory. Read our tips for buying and selling responsibly on Marketplace and meeting someone from Marketplace in person.
When you sell something on Marketplace, you create a public listing that can be seen by anyone on Marketplace and in News Feed, search and other places on or off Facebook. All listings on Marketplace and buy and sell groups must follow our Commerce Policies.
To sell an item on Marketplace:
- From your News Feed, click Marketplace in the left menu.
- Click Create new listing, then click Item for sale.
- Click Add photos to upload a photo of your item from your computer.
- Enter the info about your item. To mark an item as Free, you can enter 0 as the price.
- Click to hide your listing from your Facebook friends. It will still be visible to other people on Facebook.
- Click Next. If Next is grayed out, make sure you've entered the information that's required.
- Click Publish to post your Marketplace listing.
Tips for Sellers
What happens if an item I sold as a business was returned to me because the buyer’s address was incorrect on Facebook Marketplace?