My romantic relationship ended. What can I do?
If your romantic relationship has ended, there are some things you can do on Facebook to help:
- Change how much you see from your former partner
- Change your profile picture
- Archive your message thread
- Turn off the scrapbook sharing for your former partner
- Change your password
- Turn on tag approvals for posts and photos that you're tagged in
- Block or unfriend your former partner
- Block or unfollow your former partner on Instagram
Taking care of yourself emotionally is an important part of recovering from a breakup. We worked with relationship experts and clinical psychologists and they came up with a few tips:
- Reach out to people you trust for support.
- Take care of yourself, recognize what you need and get plenty of rest.
- Stay active, both physically and mentally.
- Try something you've always wanted to do or tag along with a friend.
If you feel you're in immediate danger, contact your local authorities. If someone is harassing you on Facebook, report them.
Learn more about staying safe on Facebook.