What’s the difference between a visible and hidden Facebook group and how do I change it?
Change platform:Computer Help
Group admins can choose to make their group visible or hidden.
- Visible: Anyone can find the group in search and other places on Facebook.
- Hidden: Only members (current, invited and former) can find the group in search and other places on Facebook.
Keep in mind that public groups can only be visible. To hide a public group, first change the group's privacy from public to private, and then hide the group.
|Who can see the group's name?||Anyone||Current, invited and former members|
|Who can see the group description?||Anyone||Current, invited and former members|
|Who can find the group in search and other places on Facebook?||People on Facebook||Current, invited and former members|
|Who can request to join?||People on Facebook||Former members|
Change your group to visible or hidden
- From your Feed, click Groups in the left menu and select your group. If you don't see Groups, click See more.
- Click Settings in the left menu.
- Click next to Hide Group.
- Click Visible or Hidden and then click Save.
Note: Group members won’t receive a notification when you change the group to visible or hidden.