How do I manage activity that I've been tagged in on Facebook from one place?
Android App Help
Basic mobile browser help
iPad App Help
iPhone App Help
Mobile Browser Help
Facebook Lite App Help
You can manage what you've been tagged in on Facebook, such as posts, photos and videos, all in one place from your activity log.
To remove a tag of you from one piece of content:
- Click your profile picture in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings and privacy, then click Activity log.
- In the left menu, click Activity you're tagged in.
- Click next to the comment that you want to untag, then click Remove tag.
- Click Remove.
You can also remove a tag from a specific post directly from your Feed or timeline.
To remove a tag of you from multiple pieces of content at the same time:
You can use the Manage activity section of your activity log to select many pieces of content that you're tagged in and remove the tags at the same time.
At the moment, this is only available on your iPhone, Android or Facebook Lite apps.
From the Android app
From the iPhone app
From the Facebook Lite app
When you remove a tag, bear in mind that:
The post or photo you're tagged in will still be shared with the audience selected by the person who made the post. These people may see it in Feed, search and other places on Facebook.
For example, if you're tagged in a photo that your friend shared with their Facebook friends, when you remove your tag from that photo, the photo will still be visible to your friend's Facebook friends.
Other ways to manage content that you're tagged in:
- Turn on timeline review so you can review and approve all content that you're tagged in before it appears on your timeline.
- Go to your Timeline and tagging settings to choose who can see content that you're tagged in. Bear in mind that the post or photo you're tagged in will be shared with the audience selected by the person who made the post and the audience you choose in your settings.
- Report any content that you're tagged in that goes against our Community Standards.
- Ask the person who posted the content to take it down.
Learn more about tagging on Facebook.