How do I create and share my meetup plan when buying or selling something on Facebook Marketplace?
When meeting a buyer and seller from Marketplace in person to complete a transaction, we recommend arranging your meeting in a public, well-lit area and letting a trusted friend or family member know where you’re headed.
You can create a meetup plan and share this plan with Facebook friends in Messenger. Whoever you choose to share your plan with will receive the location, time and date of when you’re planning to meet.
To create a meetup plan:
- From your Messenger thread with the buyer or seller, tap More options at the top.
- Tap Create meetup plan.
- Select the method and add the time of your meetup. You can also include the location or add notes.
- Tap Send plan to share the plan in your chat with the buyer or seller.
To share your meetup plan:
- From your Messenger thread with the buyer or seller, tap Send plan on the meetup plan.
- Use the search bar or scroll down to find the person in your Facebook friends list you want to share the plan with.
- Tap Send next to their name. If you no longer want them to receive the plan, tap Undo.
You can also share your meetup plan by tapping More options at the top of the Messenger thread, then tapping Share plan.
Meetup plans are removed from the Messenger thread with your friend or family member after the scheduled meeting time.
Note: Creating and sharing a meetup plan is currently only available for local pickup transactions. You cannot create or share a meetup plan for an order made with checkout and shipping.