What should I do if I see something I don't like on Facebook?
Android App Help
iPad App Help
iPhone App Help
Mobile Browser Help
Basic Mobile Browser Help
Facebook Lite App Help
If you see something on Facebook you don't like, you have a few options:
- If you don't like a story that appears in your News Feed, you can hide it.
- If you’re not happy with a post you’re tagged in, you can remove the tag.
- If you want a post removed from Facebook, you can ask the person who posted it to remove it. If the post goes against our Community Standards (example: bullying or harassment), we understand you may not feel comfortable reaching out to the person directly and encourage you to report it to us.
- If someone on Facebook upsets you, you can unfriend or block their profile. Remember that you should contact local law enforcement if you ever feel threatened by something you see on Facebook.
- If you don't like a post or comment that someone leaves on your profile, you can hide or delete it.
Please keep in mind that something you don't like on Facebook may not go against our Community Standards.
Note: If you want to report something that goes against our Community Standards but you don't have an account or can't see the content (example: someone blocked you), you may need to ask a friend to help you.