How do I mute or unmute a story on Facebook?
Change platform:Computer Help
When you mute a story from a person, Page or group, their story will no longer appear at the top of your Feed. Only you can see when you mute or unmute someone's story.
To mute a story:
- Go to the Stories section at the top of your Feed.
- Click a story from the person, Page or group you'd like to mute.
- Click in the top right of their story.
- Click Mute [Username], then click Mute to confirm.
To unmute a story:
- Go to the Stories section at the top of your Feed and click .
- Click Settings in the top left.
- Below Stories You've Muted, click Unmute next to the name of the person, Page or group.
Keep in mind that muting someone's story is different from unfriending or unfollowing them. When you mute someone's story, you will still remain friends with them, and you'll still see their posts in your Feed.
Learn more about stories on Facebook.