How do I schedule a class on Facebook?
Change platform:Computer Help
Only Facebook Pages can create paid classes.
Classes are a type of online event that you can create on Facebook. You can also create a class for your Facebook Page or a Facebook group.
To schedule an online class:
- In the top right of Facebook, click then click Event.
- Click Online.
- Add the event details.
- Click Privacy and select one:
What you select for Guests Can Invite Friends can't be changed after you schedule the class.
- Private: Guests must be invited to see and join the class.
- Public: Anyone can see and join the event.
- Friends: Only your Facebook friends can see and join the event.
- Group: Who can see and join the event depends on the group privacy.
- Public group: Anyone can see and join the event.
- Private group: Only members of the Facebook group can see and join the event.
- Select how you want to broadcast your video:
- Facebook Live: Use to broadcast a one-way video that your guests can comment and react to.
- External Link: Use if your event is off of Facebook. Include anything that guests may need to know in the event description.
- Other: Make sure to include clear instructions on how to participate.
- Add a description of the class and any requirements (like equipment or a minimum skill level), then click Next.
- Click Upload Cover Photo or Choose Illustration if you want a cover photo.
- Click Event Settings if you want to hide the guest list or add Co-hosts and then click Save.
- Click Create Event.
Keep in mind that you can't change an event's privacy after you create the event.
There are 4 privacy options for events:
- Private: Visible only to the people who are invited. You can choose to allow guests to invite their friends. People who are invited can see the event description, photos, posts and videos.
- Public: Visible to anyone on or off Facebook. Anyone can see the event description, photos, event discussion and videos.
- Friends: Visible only to your Facebook friends. Your friends can see the event description, photos, posts and videos.
- Group: The group privacy setting determines who can see the event.
- Public group: Visible to anyone on or off Facebook. Anyone can see things like the event description, photos, event discussion and videos.
- Private group: Visible only to members of the group. Group members can see the event description, photos, posts and videos.
Allow Guests to Invite Friends
If you’re making a private class and you’d like to let guests invite others, you can turn on Guests Can Invite Friends. Letting guests invite means that they can invite others to the event, including people that you may not know or who are not Facebook or Messenger users.
Keep in mind that you cannot change this setting after you create your event.
Online Event Formats
You can live stream events, performances, gatherings and more on Facebook. Viewers can watch from a phone, computer or connected TV. Facebook Live videos are recorded and saved to the event page.
Shortly before your event starts, we’ll send you a reminder notification. Start your live video and people can watch from the event or their News Feed. Co-hosts can request to join the broadcast, but only you can start it.
You can add a link to a third-party site or app where guests can watch the event. Because the event happens off Facebook, make sure to include anything the guests may need to know in the event description.
There is no video link or join button for this type of event, so make sure you explain how to participate in the event description. For example, a moment of silence at a specific time, or set time aside for a book club to read.