What is Facebook doing for Red Nose Day 2019?
We're matching up to £1 million in donations made to Comic Relief on Facebook during Red Nose Day.
About the match
- Beginning at 8:00 GMT on Friday, 15 March 2019, we'll match donations until the £1 million match is met or until 23:59 GMT on March 15, whichever occurs first.
- Your donation is eligible to be matched if you live in the United Kingdom and donate to Comic Relief UK on Facebook during Red Nose Day.
- For individual donations, only a maximum of up to £20,000 per donor is eligible to be matched. Please note that you may need to verify your identity before you're able to donate.
- Donations are matched on a first-come, first-served basis until £1 million in matching funds is met.
How donations are distributed
- We cover processing fees so that 100% of donations made on Facebook are distributed to Comic Relief.
- Comic Relief will receive donations from Facebook Payments in April 2019. See how donations are distributed to charity.
- Donations from UK taxpayers may be eligible for Gift Aid, an independent program in the United Kingdom. If your donation qualifies, you'll need to apply for Gift Aid for your donation. Learn more about Gift Aid.
- Comic Relief spends funds according to their policies. Learn more about what your money does.
Please note that donations to personal fundraisers or other nonprofits, or donations made by people outside of the UK, are not eligible to be matched during Red Nose Day. If you have specific questions or need further support for Red Nose Day, please fill out this form.