How is my information used across my accounts on Facebook Products?
- Personalize ads for you and others and measure performance of those ads. We use information and activity across Facebook and Instagram to do things like:
- Help show you and others more relevant ads. Learn more about ads on Facebook.
- Measure ad performance for businesses and organizations. We use information and activity across Facebook and Instagram to help businesses understand how people are engaging with their posts, listings, Pages, videos and other content.
- Help us more accurately count the number of people using our products and understand how they’re using our products.
- Keep you and others safe. We use information and activity across Facebook and Instagram to help identify suspicious activity. We also use this info to help keep these products safe and to detect when others need help. This can include things like:
- Identifying and taking action on suspicious activity or when someone goes against our terms or policies.
- Better identifying fake accounts and detecting accounts that go against Facebook’s Community Standards or Instagram’s Community Guidelines (example: spam accounts).
- Helping to detect when someone needs help.
- Helping to verify accounts and activity across our products.
- Working with law enforcement when we suspect things like fraud, harmful or illegal activity or to help prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
- Provide more personalized features, content and suggestions across our products. This can include something like automatically filling in some of your information (example: your phone number) from one Facebook product (like Facebook) when you sign up for an account on another one of our products (like Instagram). Learn more about how we can personalize the content you see on Facebook and Instagram.