Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. They’re used to store and receive identifiers and other info on computers, phones, and other devices.
Example: Cookies let websites know if you’ve visited that site before, which can help with things like saving an item to your shopping cart or remembering your display settings.
Other technologies, including identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. Facebook refers to all of these technologies as cookies.
Cookies help us provide, protect and improve the Facebook Products, such as by personalizing content, tailoring and measuring ads, providing a safer experience and analyzing use of our systems.
Note: The cookies that we use include session cookies, which are deleted when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until they expire or you delete them.
Security, site and product integrity
Advertising, recommendations, insights and measurement
Site features and services
Analytics and research
Third-party websites and apps
Other ways you can control your information on Facebook
- Use your ad preferences to learn why you’re seeing a particular ad and control how we use information that we collect to show you ads.
- Learn more about how to adjust your ad preferences.
- To show you better ads, we use data that advertisers and other partners provide us with about your activity off Facebook Company Products, including websites and apps.
- The Facebook Audience Network is a way for advertisers to show you ads in apps and websites off the Facebook Company Products.
- Review your -off-Facebook activity, which is a summary of activity that businesses and organizations share with us about your interactions with them, such as visiting their apps or websites.
Other ways you can control your information
- You can also opt out through your mobile device settings (where available) using Android, iOS 13 or an earlier version of iOS. Please note that ad blockers and tools that restrict our cookie use may interfere with these controls.
- Your browser or device may also offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them.
Note: Certain parts of the Facebook Products may not work properly if you have disabled browser cookie use. Please be aware these controls are distinct from the controls that Facebook offers you.
For more information on cookies, visit our Cookies Policy.