How do I go live in a Facebook group?
Change platform:Computer Help
Live lets you livestream events, performances and gatherings on Facebook. Viewers can watch from a phone, computer or connected TV. You can go live on Facebook from a profile, Page, group or event.
The privacy setting of the group determines who will be able to see your live video. Learn more about group privacy.
To go live in a Facebook group:
- From your Feed, click Groups in the left menu and select the group you’d like to go live in.
- Click Write something...
- Click Add to your post, then click Live video.
- Select whether you'd like to Go live or Create live video event.
- Select a video source, then click Add post details to tag friends, add a feeling or activity, check in to a location, or raise money.
- Click Go live in the bottom left.
You can tag a specific game title if you are streaming gameplay. In the left menu scroll down to Gaming and search for your game title (ex: Fortnite) and make a selection.
Keep in mind, your broadcast needs to follow our policies. Learn more about our policies for Facebook Live.
Learn more about going live on Facebook.
- If you don't see a post option available in your group, it could be because the group admins don't allow this kind of post in your group. If you're an admin, learn how to manage this feature in your group.
- In public groups, admins might require approval before you can post or comment for the first time. The approval process might involve answering participation questions and agreeing to the group rules. Only admins and moderators can see your answers. Once someone is approved as a participant, their future posts might still require admin approval if the admin has set up post approval.