How do I go live in a Facebook group?
Change platform:Computer Help
Live lets you livestream events, performances and gatherings on Facebook. Viewers can watch from a phone, computer or connected TV. You can go live on Facebook from a profile, Page, group or event.
The privacy setting of the group determines who will be able to see your live video. Learn more about group privacy.
To go live in a Facebook group:
- From your Feed, click Groups in the left menu and select the group you’d like to go live in.
- Click What's on your mind?
- Click , then click Live video.
- In the left menu, select whether you'd like to Go live now or Schedule live video event for a future time and date.
- Add a title and description to your post. Here you can also tag friends, check in to a location, or add a feeling or activity.
- Click Go live in the bottom left.
You can tag a specific game title if you are streaming gameplay. In the left menu scroll down to Gaming and search for your game title (ex: Fortnite) and make a selection.
Keep in mind, your broadcast needs to follow our policies. Learn more about our policies for Facebook Live.
Learn more about going live on Facebook.
If you don't see this option available in your group, it could be because the group admins don't allow this kind of post in your group. If you're an admin, learn how to manage this feature in your group.
First-time group participants