Why am I blocked from sending friend requests?
If you're currently not able to send friend requests, this is usually because:
- You recently sent a lot of friend requests.
- Your past friend requests have gone unanswered.
- Your past friend requests were marked as unwelcome.
It's important to us that people only receive friend requests from people they know or have a real-life connection to. We understand that this can be frustrating, and that you might not have known about our friending policies. To help keep Facebook an open and welcoming experience for everyone, we try to prevent people from unintentionally sending unwanted friend requests.
We also want to help you avoid this kind of block in the future. When sending friend requests:
- Try to only send friend requests to people you already know (example: family, friends, coworkers, classmates).
- To connect with people you don't know (like celebrities), follow them instead of sending them a friend request.
- Make sure you're using the name you go by in everyday life. People you know may accidentally miss your friend requests if they don't recognize you.