How do I create a Facebook Dating profile?
Access Dating from your current Facebook account on the Android or iPhone apps.
The first step to using Facebook Dating is creating your profile. Keep in mind that Facebook Dating isn't available to everyone.
Before you get started, turn on Location Services for Facebook.
To create your Facebook Dating profile:
- Go to your Facebook app and tap , then Dating.
- Tap Get started, and continue through the questions. Make your selections and tap Next or you can tap Skip to move to the next question.
- Review your profile details, then tap Confirm.
- To complete your profile and add more details and pictures, tap one:
- Preview suggested profile: to automatically use information and pictures from your Facebook Profile.
- Complete profile manually: to add details and pictures yourself.
Part of creating a profile is selecting your gender identity. We know this list doesn't reflect the full spectrum of identity. We ask you to select the one you most closely identify with so we can suggest more relevant matches.
The gender identity option are:
- Let me be more specific
- Cis woman
- Trans woman
- Cis man
- Trans man
- Non-binary person
Your match's gender identity
If you're cis-gendered but want to match with trans or non-binary people:
- When selecting your gender identity, tap Let me be more specific.
- Tap Cis woman or Cis man.
If you identify as trans, you need to select who can see your profile. For example, if you selected Trans [gender] as your gender identity, you can choose:
- Everyone: they are interested in dating cis, trans and non-binary people.
- All [gender]: they are interested in dating both cis and trans [gender].
- Trans [gender]: they are interested in dating trans [gender], but not cis [gender].