Why am I being asked to add my email address to my Facebook account?
We may use your email address for purposes like:
- Helping you log in. If you forget your password, you'll need an updated phone number or email address to reset it.
- Suggesting People You May Know so you can connect with them on Facebook.
- Providing and improving ads for you and others. However, we don't ever sell personal information, including your email address, to anyone.
- Helping keep your account safe through opt-in features like text message or email alerts for unrecognized logins.
Learn more about how Facebook uses your email address in our Data Policy. You may see an email suggested for you when we ask you to add your email address. It will only be added to your account if you choose to add it.
We may suggest an email address for you based on information we receive from sources such as:
- Contact info provided by others on Facebook.
- An email address that you entered previously but didn't confirm.
- Your mobile phone or tablet.