Learn about Facebook Page access and roles
iPhone App Help
iPad App Help
Android App Help
Mobile Browser Help
Basic Mobile Browser Help
Facebook Lite App Help
Pages that you manage may be in the new Pages experience. Learn more about new Pages or see if your Page is in the classic or new Pages experience.
New Pages Experience
Classic Page roles are updated in the new Pages experience. Instead of Page roles, people can have Facebook access or task access to help manage a Page. Here is how classic Page roles compare to Facebook access and task access in the new Pages experience:
|Classic Page Roles||Page Access in the New Pages Experience|
|Admin||Facebook access with full control|
|Editor||Facebook access with partial control|
|Moderator||Task access for Message Replies, Community Activity, Ads, Insights|
|Advertiser||Task access for Ads, Insights|
|Analyst||Task access for Insights|
|Community Manager||Community manager access to moderate Live chats|
People can have Facebook access with full control or partial control. They can switch into the Page and manage it on Facebook or by using other tools from Facebook. People with Facebook access with full control or partial control can manage the following:
- Content: Create, manage or delete any content on the Page, such as posts, stories and more.
- Messages: Respond to direct messages as the Page in Inbox.
- Comments: Respond to comments on the Page and edit or delete existing comments made by the Page.
- Linked Accounts: Add, manage or remove linked accounts, such as Instagram.
- Ads: Create, manage and delete ads.
- Insights: Use Page, post and ad insights to analyze the performance of the Page.
- Events: Create, edit and delete events by the Page.
- Removal and Bans: Remove or ban people from the Page.
Additionally, people with Facebook access with full control can manage:
- Settings: Manage and edit all settings, such as Page information and deleting the Page.
- Access: Give or remove people’s Facebook or task access to the Page or linked Instagram account, including people with Facebook access with full control.
Keep in mind that if you choose to give Facebook access with full control to other people, they will have the same access as you. This means that they can give other people access to manage the Page, remove anyone from the Page (including you), or delete the Page.
People with task access can manage the Page from other management tools such as Meta Business Suite, Creator Studio, Ads Manager, or Business Manager. This means they can’t switch into the Page or manage it on Facebook. People with task access can manage the following:
- Content: Create, manage or delete posts, stories and more. Respond to comments and update Page information.
- Messages and Community Activity: Respond to direct messages as the Page in Inbox, comment, manage unwanted content, and report activity on the Page.
- Ads: Create, manage and delete ads, and other ads-related tasks.
- Insights: See how the Page, content, ads and other metrics perform.
Community Manager access
Community Managers have access to moderate the chat of the Page's live streams. They can’t switch into the Page or manage it on Facebook. Community managers can moderate live chats through the following actions:
- Deleting, or reporting comments.
- Suspending users from live stream chat for 15 minutes.
- Ban users from current live stream, or from all live streams on the Page.
- Pin comments to the top of the live chat.
There are 6 different types of roles for people who manage classic Pages. When you create a Page, you automatically become the Page's admin, which means you can change how the Page looks and publish as the Page. Only an admin can assign roles and change others' roles.
Learn more about Page roles for connected Pages and Instagram accounts.
Keep in mind that multiple people can have roles on a Page, but each person needs their own personal Facebook account.
The table below outlines the 6 Page roles (across) and what they're able to do (down):
|Manage Page roles and settings||✔|
|Edit the Page and add apps||✔||✔|
|Create and delete posts as the Page||✔||✔|
|Send messages as the Page||✔||✔||✔|
|Respond to and delete comments and posts to the Page||✔||✔||✔|
|Remove and ban people from the Page||✔||✔||✔|
|Create ads, promotions or boosted posts||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|View earnings insights||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|View other insights||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|View Page Quality tab||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|See who published as the Page||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Publish and manage jobs||✔||✔|
|Turn on job features for a post||✔||✔|
|Moderate Live chat||✔||✔||✔||✔|
Learn how to give someone a role on your Page.