How do I edit basic info on my Facebook profile and choose who can see it?
Change platform:Computer Help
You can edit your basic personal information (for example: gender, contact info, relationships, work, education). To edit your info:
- Click your profile picture in the top right of Facebook.
- Click About, then click Contact and Basic Info.
- Click or select to add information.
- Add or change the information you'd like to edit.
- Make changes to the privacy of your information by selecting the current privacy setting (example: Public, Friends or Only me).
- Click Save.
Keep in mind:
- Some information on Facebook is always public. Learn more about public information on Facebook.
- If you set your gender to Custom and select one or more genders, you can also select an audience for your custom gender. In addition to your custom gender, you'll choose a Pronoun. The pronoun you select is always public. This feature isn't available in all locations.
- Your email has additional settings. Learn more about controlling who can see your email.