How do I edit basic info on my Facebook profile and choose who can see it?
Over the next few months, we're updating how www.facebook.com looks. Learn more about how to switch between New and Classic Facebook. Click below to go to the directions for the version you're using.
You can edit your basic personal information (for example: gender, contact info, relationships, work, education). To edit your info:
- Click your profile picture in the top right.
- Click About > Contact and Basic Info.
- Click or select to add information.
- Add or change the information you'd like to edit.
- Make changes to the privacy of your information by selecting the current privacy setting (example: Public, Friends or Only me).
- Click Save.
- From your News Feed, click your name in the top left.
- Click About near your profile picture.
- Click Contact and Basic Info, then click the or hover over the information you'd like to edit.
- To the right of that section, click Edit.
- Use the audience selector to choose who can see this information, then click Save Changes.
If you set your gender to Custom and select one or more genders, you can also select an audience for your custom gender. In addition to your custom gender, you'll choose a Pronoun. The pronoun you select is public. This feature isn't available in all locations.
Note that your email has additional settings.