What happens after connecting your Facebook Page and Instagram account
Pages that you manage may be in the new Pages experience. Learn more about new Pages.You must be an admin of a classic Page or have Facebook access to a new Page to connect or disconnect your Facebook Page and Instagram account.
Learn about connecting your Page to a WhatsApp account.
- You can choose to allow Page admins, editors and moderators, and people with Facebook and task access to read and respond to Instagram comments and Direct messages from the Facebook Page Inbox. Learn how to manage your shared inbox.
- Page admins, editors, moderators, advertisers, and people with Facebook and task access to the Page can create Instagram ads from Facebook and manage comments on those ads.
- Anyone logged in to the connected Instagram account can share Instagram posts to your Page.
- Page admins, editors, moderators, and people with Facebook or task access to a Page can view and manage customers' Instagram contact information in the contacts tab on Facebook.
What happens when you connect your Facebook Page and Instagram Business account
If you connected your Facebook Page to an Instagram Business account:
- Page admins, editors and people with Facebook access with full control can share Facebook Page posts to Instagram.
- Page admins, editors and people with Facebook access can add to your Page's story from Instagram.
- Page admins, people with Facebook access or people with task access with advertising permissions can promote posts and create Instagram ads using Instagram Promote.
- Page admins, editors, people with Facebook access and anyone logged in to the connected Instagram account can add a button to Instagram for booking appointments on Facebook.
- Page admins, editors and people with Facebok access with full control have the option to sync business contact info, such as email address, phone number and business address, between their Facebook Page and an Instagram business account when connecting them. Updates made to contact info on one app (e.g. Facebook) will appear on the other app (e.g. Instagram).
- If the Page is enrolled with Facebook's Charitable Giving Tools, anyone with a role or access to the Page can let people add donation stickers to Instagram Stories.
You can disconnect your Facebook Page and Instagram account from your Page settings.