What happens when I connect my Facebook Page and Instagram account?
You must be an admin or editor to connect or disconnect your Facebook Page and Instagram account. Keep in mind that when an editor connects your Page to an Instagram account you may not see all of these options.
Learn about connecting your Page to a WhatsApp account.
- You can choose to allow Page admins, editors and moderators to read and respond to Instagram comments and Direct messages from their Facebook Page Inbox. Learn how to manage your shared inbox.
- Page admins, editors, moderators and advertisers can create Instagram ads from Facebook, manage comments on those ads.
- Anyone logged into the connected Instagram account can share Instagram posts to your Page.
- Page admins, editors and moderators can view and manage customers’ Instagram contact information in the contacts tab on Facebook.
What if I connect my Facebook Page and Instagram Business account?
If you connected your Facebook Page to an Instagram business account:
- Page admins and editors can share Facebook Page posts to Instagram.
- Page admins and editors can add to your Page’s story from Instagram.
- Page admins can promote posts and create Instagram ads using Instagram Promote.
- Page admins and editors and anyone logged into the connected Instagram account can add a button to Instagram for booking appointments on Facebook.
- Page admins and editors can sync business contact info, such as email address, phone number and business address, between their Facebook Page and an Instagram business account. Updates made on one app (example: Facebook) will appear on the other app (example: Instagram).
- If the Page is enrolled with Facebook's Charitable Giving Tools, anyone with a role on the Page can let people add donation stickers to Instagram Stories.
You can disconnect your Facebook Page and Instagram account from your Page settings.