Request a refund for your donation on Facebook
If you donate to a fundraiser on Facebook and you want your donation refunded, there are 2 ways that you can request a refund.
Types of fundraisers and refund timelines
Understand the difference between personal and nonprofit fundraisers
Understand refunds for nonprofit donations
Understand refunds for donations to personal fundraisers
Use Messenger chat to ask for refund
You can return to the main menu at any time by typing “Main Menu.”
- Log into Facebook from your computer.
- Click Messenger in the left menu. You may need to click See more first.
- Note: Expand Messenger into full-screen if it is not already.
- Type "Facebook Fundraiser Help" into the search box below Chats on the left.
- Click Facebook Fundraiser Help to start a chat.
- At the bottom, click Get Started or Main menu.
- Click Donation Support.
- Click Refunds.
- Follow the prompts and make the selections that are right for your situation.
After you finish the steps, there will be a message in chat letting you know that your request has been made.
Use the form to ask for a refund
To complete the form, you may need to find the Payment ID for your donation. The ID is on the receipt that was sent to your email.
- On your computer, open either:
- Choose “I donated to a fundraiser.”
- Choose “Refund for my donation.”
- Choose the reason you’re asking for a refund.
- In the drop down, find the donation you want refunded.
- If your donation is not in the dropdown, you will have to enter the Payment ID.
- Type a message about your donation.
- Select Send.
After the form is sent a ticket will be sent to our support team. Check your Support Inbox for a response.