How do I change my relationship status on Facebook?
Change platform:Computer Help
To add or edit your relationship status:
- Click your profile picture in the top right of Facebook.
- Click About, then Family and Relationships.
- Click Add a relationship status or click the next to your relationship.
- Choose your relationship status from the dropdown menu. Depending on your status, you may also have the option to add the name of the person you're in a relationship with and your anniversary.
- Use the audience selector to choose who you want to share this with.
- Click Save.
You can also add your relationship status as a life event on your profile.
Note: You can only list someone in your relationship status if you're friends with that person. That person also needs to confirm that you're in a relationship together before they're listed in your relationship status.
Learn more about who can see when you change your relationship status.