If you're a legacy contact, you can manage a memorialized account and will have the option to do things like:
- Write a pinned post for the memorialized profile (ex: to share a final message on behalf of your deceased loved one or provide information about a memorial service)
- Respond to new friend requests (ex: old friends or family members who weren't yet on Facebook)
- Update the profile picture and cover photo
Legacy contacts can't:
- Log into the memorialized account
- Remove or change past posts, photos and other things shared on the Timeline
- Read messages sent to other friends
- Remove any friends
How do I manage a memorialized profile on Facebook if I am a legacy contact?
How do I add a pinned post to a memorialized profile on Facebook?
What should I do if someone chose me as their legacy contact on Facebook but I don't want to be?