How do I choose who can see previous posts on my timeline on Facebook?
When you share something on your timeline, use the audience selector to choose who it's shared with. If you want to change who you shared something with after you post it, return to the audience selector and pick a new audience.
You can also adjust the audience of many posts at once by using the Limit Past Posts tool in your account settings. When you limit past posts, the audience of all your previous Facebook posts visible to Friends of Friends and Everyone will change and only be visible to Friends. However, anyone tagged in these posts, and their friends, may also still see these posts. To use this tool:
- Click at the top right of Facebook and select Settings.
- In the left column, click Privacy
- Look for the setting Limit the audience for posts you've shared with friends of friends or Public? and click Limit Past Posts to the far right.
- Click Limit Past Posts to confirm your decision.
Keep in mind:
- If you want to undo this action in the future, you'll need to adjust the audience of each individual post. Limiting the audience of your previous posts cannot be reversed in one click.
- If you have shared a previous post with a custom audience, such as Friends except Acquaintances or Close Friends, this tool will not change the audience for those past posts.
- If you tagged someone in the post, the audience of the post will still include the person you tagged and people they include in posts they're tagged in.
- This tool only controls the audience for posts you've shared. If you've been tagged in someone else's post, they control the audience for their posts.