How do I get a refund for my paid online event?
Change platform:Computer Help
Your refund process will be based on your original payment method. All refund requests are subject to approval and may take time to respond to. Once your request is approved and your refund is processed, you will receive a notification. You can view our Paid Online Events Terms of Service to learn more about our refund policy.
If you are trying to start a refund for a paid online event, here are a few things to remember:
- Refunds for paid online events are automatically credited back to the payment method on file, if the creator canceled or deleted the event before the paid online event occurred, or the event was canceled for policy violations before the paid online event occurred. In this case, you do not need to begin a refund request.
Refunds for In-App Purchases
- If you purchased your paid online event using the Google Play or Apple Store, you can contact them directly to request a refund.
Refunds with Meta Pay
- If you are unsure whether you paid using Meta Pay, check your Meta Pay history to view your transaction information.
- Contact us to begin the refund process for your paid online event if the event is at least 48 hours away from going live and you change your mind for any reason, or if the event is rescheduled by the event host before it goes live.
- You can reach out to begin a refund process if your paid online event was unavailable or rescheduled by the creator.
- We may be unable to process refunds for purchases not made through Meta Pay. If you purchased your paid online event using Meta Pay, reach out to us to begin your refund request.