How can I use Facebook to stay updated about the coronavirus (COVID-19)?
We’ve built a hub on Facebook to help people around the world find timely, accurate information about the current status of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
In the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Center you may see:
- Information on where to find a vaccine in your area
- Daily updates on global developments
- Local alerts or updates
- Conversations with experts about the virus
- Information about physical and social distancing and why it’s important
- Local groups to connect with on Facebook
- Information on what to do if you think you’re sick
- Links to recognized health organizations, such as the WHO and your local health authority
- Updates from your local area
Where does Facebook get their information from?
We use information from your national and local government authorities to provide resources and information.
How does Facebook determine my location?
We use connection information like your IP address or Wi-Fi connection, and specific location information like your device's GPS signal to help us understand where you are. Visit Privacy Basics to learn more about location privacy.