How do I transfer my information to a service off of Facebook?
Change platform:Computer Help
You can transfer a copy of some of your information to another service using Transfer a Copy of Your Information in your Facebook settings.
The information you can transfer includes photos, videos, posts, events and notes.
Learn more about what can or can't be transferred:
For photos and videos
To transfer a copy of your information
- Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & Privacy, then click Settings.
- In the left column, click Your Facebook Information.
- Next to Transfer a Copy of Your Information, click View. You may be asked to re-enter your Facebook password.
- From here, you can choose a destination based on what you want to transfer. In each destination, you can see if they accept photos, videos, posts, notes, events or other information.
- Depending on the destination, you can choose to:
Transfer a copy of your photos
Transfer a copy of your videos
Transfer a copy of your posts
Transfer a copy of your notes
Transfer a copy of your events
When you choose to transfer a copy of your information
Note: You choose the destination for your transfer in the Choose Destination section of the Transfer a Copy of Your Information setting. The destination is the service off of Facebook that you’d like to use for your transfer.
- Your Facebook account must be active until your transfer is complete. Deleting or deactivating your account during your transfer can cause the entire transfer to fail.
- You’ll be transferring a copy of your information to the destination you choose. This means that information will also stay on Facebook. You can use your activity log to manage or delete your content on Facebook.
- Once you log in to your Facebook account you can choose a destination for your transfer.
- The destination you choose will ask you to sign in to their service.
- The destination you choose may also ask you to grant Facebook permission to access parts of your destination account to complete the transfer.
- For example, once you’ve signed into your account on the destination you chose for your transfer, you may be asked to allow Facebook to have access to the photos section of your destination so we can transfer a copy of your photos.
- We will use these access rights only to complete the transfer.
- Once your transfer is finished, the people who can see your content on the destination you chose might be different than the people who can see your content on Facebook. Keep in mind, the destination’s privacy settings (if any) may be different than your Facebook settings.
- This means that you’ll have to choose who can see your content on the destination you chose for your transfer through their settings (if they have settings to control who can see your content).
- For example, when you transfer a copy of your photos to your destination, the audience that can see your photos is determined by your destination’s privacy settings, not your Facebook settings.
- Once your transfer is finished, the destination you choose will apply their own terms and policies to your information.
- Your data will be encrypted during the transfer to help keep it secure.
Other ways to review and manage your information on Facebook
In your Facebook settings, you’ll find a few ways to review and manage your information on Facebook:
- Use Download Your Information to download a copy of your Facebook information to keep or to transfer to another service.
- Visit Access Your Information to review a summary of your Facebook information.
- Go to your Activity Log to review and manage most of your activity on Facebook. Learn more about activity log.