What are the privacy options for Facebook groups?
There are two privacy options for Facebook groups: public and private.
If you’re a member of a group, you can learn more about how to check the privacy level of your group and whether your group is visible in search and other places on Facebook.
If you’re an admin of a group, you can learn more about how to change the privacy level of your group and manage whether people who aren’t in your group can find your group in search and other places on Facebook.
|Who can see what members post, comment and share in the group?||Anyone||Current Members|
|Who can see the list of members in the group?||People on Facebook||Current Members|
|Who can see who the admins and moderators are?||People on Facebook||People on Facebook|
Keep in mind:
- Invited members are members of a group who can see the group in preview mode.
- When a Page joins a group there could be several admins of that Page. All of them can see and interact with posts and members of the group.
- If an admin of the group has added a third-party app, the app has access to posts and comments in the group. Third-party apps can't access who wrote posts and comments unless the app has been given permission by the author.
- Select rights owners may be able to search sale group posts to prevent the misuse of intellectual property on Facebook.
- For college communities, only members of the community can see other members and posts. Only members of the college community can join community groups. For open groups within college communities, anyone in the community can see who’s in the group and what they post.
- We may review group content (including private groups) to maintain the integrity of our products, promote safety and security on and off of our products, and to improve our products and services, and as otherwise described in the data policy.