Keep your Facebook account secure
Android App Help
Basic Mobile Browser Help
iPad App Help
iPhone App Help
Mobile Browser Help
Facebook Lite App Help
Here are a few things you can do to keep your account secure.
Protect your password
- Don't use your Facebook password anywhere else online, and never share it with other people.
- Your password should be hard to guess, so don't include your name or common words.
- Learn more about creating a strong password.
Never share your login information
- Scammers may create fake websites that look like Facebook and ask you to log in with your email and password.
- Always check the website's URL before you enter your login information. When in doubt, type www.facebook.com into your browser to get to Facebook.
- Don't forward emails from Meta to other people, since they may have sensitive information about your account.
- Learn more about avoiding phishing.
Log out of Facebook when you use a computer you share with other people
- If you forget, you can log out remotely.
Don't accept friend requests from people you don't know
- Scammers may create fake accounts to friend people.
- Becoming friends with scammers might allow them to spam your timeline, tag you in posts and send you malicious messages.
Watch out for malicious software
- Malicious software can cause damage to a computer, server or computer network.
- Learn the signs of an infected computer or device and how to remove malicious software.
- Keep your web browser up to date and remove suspicious applications or browser add-ons.
Never click suspicious links, even if they appear to come from a friend or a company you know
- This includes links on Facebook (example: on posts) or in emails.
- Keep in mind that Meta will never ask you for your password in an email.
- If you see a suspicious link on Facebook, report it.
Use our extra security options
- You can also get alerts about unrecognized logins, and set up two-factor authentication.
- If you're logged into Facebook on a computer, you can use Security Checkup to review your security settings.