Download a copy of your information on Facebook
Android App Help
iPad App Help
iPhone App Help
Mobile Browser Help
If you have additional Facebook profiles, you can download a copy of your Facebook information for each of your profiles using the Download Your Information tool.
Please note, some information collected from your additional profiles, including ads data, can only be accessed by downloading your Facebook information for your main profile, which is the first profile you create when you sign up for Facebook.
Download a copy of your Facebook data for your profile
- Click account in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & privacy, then click Settings.
- In the left column, click Privacy, then click Your Facebook information.
- Next to Download profile information, click View.
- To add or remove categories of data from your request, click the boxes on the right side of Facebook.
- Select other options, including:
- The format of your download request.
- The quality of photos, videos and other media.
- A specific date range of information. If you don't select a date range, you'll request all the information for the categories you've selected.
- Click Request download to confirm the download request.
After you've made a download request, it will appear as Pending in the Available Copies section of the Download Your Information tool. It may take several days for us to finish preparing your download request.
Once we've finished preparing your download request, we'll send a notification letting you know it's ready.
Download a copy of the data you requested
- Go to the Available Copies section of the Download Your Information tool.
- Click Download and enter your password.
Note: You can always view your Privacy Shortcuts to learn about the ways you can control your data and privacy on Facebook. If you want to review recent activity on your Facebook profile or want to review your Facebook profile information, you can use the Access Your Information tool.
Can I pick and choose which information I would like to download?
What's the difference between an HTML or JSON copy of my data?
What security measures are in place to make sure someone else doesn’t download a copy of my profile information?
I don't have an active Facebook account. How can I request my personal data stored by Facebook?