Where can I find my settings?
We’ve recently made some changes to the way settings are organized on Facebook.
Note: You can use search in Settings to find what you’re looking for.
The new Settings experience is only available on mobile at this time. All mobile users will be moved to the new settings design unless you have Facebook access to a page in the new Pages. You will not be able to keep the old settings design.
What was updated
We’ve reduced the number of steps it takes to access some settings and updated the structure within the Settings menu. We haven't changed any of our settings so you can still find the controls you need.
- Privacy shortcuts
All settings and privacy shortcuts are now contained within those two options.
Updates to the Settings and Privacy menu structure
- Note: On FB Lite, you’ll still find Language directly under Settings and Privacy.
- Note: On FB Lite, you’ll still find Data Usage under Settings and Privacy.
Updates to the Settings menu structure
In Settings on your mobile app, you’ll now find these menu options:
- Account: In this section, you can do things like manage your passwords and payment info.
- Preferences: In this section, you can do things like manage the amount of time you spend on Facebook or manage how you see things on your News Feed.
- Audience and Visibility: In this section, you can manage things like your block list or who can see your posts or profile.
- Permissions: In this section, you can manage the information Facebook uses from things like your games and devices.
- Your information: In this section, you can do things like see a log of your Facebook activity and manage your Facebook info.
- Community Standards and Legal Policies: In this section, you can find info on our standards and policies.
Updates to the Privacy menu structure
We have re-organized the "Privacy" section into other categories. Here is where you can now find those settings:
- Privacy Settings: Setting options formerly listed under Privacy Settings can now be found under "Account" or "Audience and Visibility."
- Check a Few Important Settings can now be found in Privacy Checkup, under the "Account" section.
- Manage your profile can now be found in the "Audience and Visibility" section under "Profile Information."
- Learn more with Privacy Basics can now be found by searching “privacy basics” using Facebook search.
- Settings that control who can see your activity, posts, and profile can be found within the "Audience and Visibility" section.
- Profile Locking can now be found under "Permissions." Use Profile Locking to show a limited view of your profile’s content.
- Timeline and Tagging: Has been re-named to Profile and Tagging and can now be found under "Audience and Visibility." Use Profile and Tagging to manage settings such as who can see posts you’re tagged in on your profile.
- Public Posts: Has been renamed to Followers and Public Content and can now be found under the "Audience and Visibility" section. Use Followers and Public Content to manage settings like who can follow you and who can comment on your public posts.
- Blocking: Can now be found under "Audience and Visibility." Use Blocking to manage who can see things like your profile or what you post.
- Location: Can now be found under "Permissions." Use Location to manage your location settings.
- Active Status: Can now be found under "Audience and Visibility." Use Active Status to manage who can see when you’re active.
Updates to the Off-Facebook Activity settings
Off-Facebook activity can now be found under Permissions. Use Off-Facebook activity to see and manage your activity that we receive from businesses or organizations, which includes your activity on other apps and websites.
Updates to the Deactivation and Deletion settings
You can deactivate or delete your account or update memorialization settings under Account Ownership and Control. Account Ownership and Control can now be found in "Personal and Account Information," under "Account" within "Personal and Account Information."