How do I create an in person Facebook event?
Change platform:Computer Help
Once you've created an event, you can't change the privacy settings.
To create an in person event:
- From your News Feed, click Events in the left menu. You may have to click See More first.
- Click + Create new event, then click In Person.
- Add the event details.
- Tap Create Event.
Note: Only Pages, not personal profiles, can create recurring events. Learn more about the difference between a Page and a profile.
Keep in mind that you can't change an event's privacy after you create the event.
There are 4 privacy options for events:
- Private: Visible only to the people who are invited. You can choose to allow guests to invite their friends. People who are invited can see the event description, photos, posts and videos.
- Public: Visible to anyone on or off Facebook. Anyone can see things like the event description, photos, posts and videos.
- Friends: Visible only to your Facebook friends. Your friends can see the event description, photos, posts and videos.
- Group: The group privacy setting determines who can see the event.
- Public group: Visible to anyone on or off Facebook. Anyone can see things like the event description, photos, event discussion and videos.
- Private group: Visible only to members of the group. Group members can see the event description, photos, posts and videos.
Allow Guests to Invite Friends
If you’re making a private event and you’d like to let guests invite others, you can turn on Guests Can Invite Friends. Letting guests invite means that they can invite others to the online event, including people you may not know or who are not Facebook or Messenger users.
Keep in mind that you cannot change this setting after you create your event.
You can click Event Settings on the last step before creating your event. The options available depend on the privacy setting for the event.
Private and Friends
- Show guest list
- Show guest list
- Only hosts can post
- Posts must be approved by host