Set your default audience for reels on Facebook
iPhone App Help
Android App Help
Facebook Lite App Help
Using www.facebook.com to set your default audience for reels on Facebook isn’t yet available to everyone. If you’re unable to set your default audience, use the Facebook app for iPhone and Android.
You control who can see your reels on Facebook by selecting an audience for the reel. Setting a default audience will set the audience for your future reels. This includes reels you share from your Instagram account.
You can change the audience for a specific reel at any time, including when you create it. Your future reels will still use your default choice.
You can change your default audience while creating a reel. If you do so, it’ll be set to the audience you selected for that reel.
To set a default audience for your reels:
- Create a reel on Facebook.
- On the Add Details screen, click your current audience.
- Click the audience you’d like to use.
- Check Set as default audience for reels.
- When you’re finished with your reel, click Publish. Your default audience will be set to the audience you selected for your reel.
The available default audiences for your reels may include:
- Public: Anyone, including people off of Facebook, can see your reel.
- Friends: Only your friends on Facebook can see your reel.
- Friends except...: Your friends on Facebook, except for the friends you choose, can see your reel.
Note: If you share a reel from your Instagram account to your Facebook account, and you haven’t selected a default audience for reels on Facebook, your default audience on Facebook is automatically set to Friends for a private Instagram account or Public for a public Instagram account. This will be your default audience for reels on Facebook until you change it on Facebook.
Keep in mind that your followers on Instagram may not be the same as your friends on Facebook, so if you share a reel from Instagram to Facebook, you may be sharing your reel with different people.