What is the Facebook Network of Support (NOS) and what NOS resources are available for LGBTQ people?
The Facebook Network of Support (NOS) is comprised of six leading LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer) advocacy organizations. These organizations serve in a consultative capacity to Facebook on issues like anti-LGBTQ bullying. Learn more about these organizations:
- GLAAD rewrites the script for LGBTQ acceptance. As a dynamic media force, GLAAD tackles tough issues to shape the narrative and provoke dialogue that leads to cultural change. GLAAD protects all that has been accomplished and creates a world where everyone can live the life they love.
- GLSEN champions safe and affirming schools for all students. We envision a world in which every child learns to respect and accept all people, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.
- The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) is America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality.
- The National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE) is the nation’s leading social justice advocacy organization winning life-saving change for transgender people.
- PFLAG promotes the health and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons, their families and friends.
- The Trevor Project is the leading national organization focused on crisis and suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) youth.