Who can follow me on Facebook?
Change platform:Computer Help
When you become friends with someone on Facebook, they automatically start following you. You can also allow people who aren't your friends to follow you by selecting Public next to your post settings.
To manage who can follow you:
- Click your profile picture in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & privacy, then click Settings.
- Click Public Posts on the left.
- Select Friends or Public next to Who Can Follow Me.
- Public Post Comments: Allows you to select who can comment on your public posts. Learn how to adjust who can like or comment on your public posts.
- Public Post Notifications: Allows you to select if you want to get notifications when people who aren't your friends start following you and share, like or comment on your public posts.
- Public Profile Info: Allows you to select who can like or comment on changes to your Intro section that is part of your public profile. This includes changes to profile photos, profile videos, cover photos, featured photos and Feed updates. Learn how to adjust who can like or comment on your public profile information.
See Who's Following You
If you've set your profile privacy settings to Public, you can see a list of followers who are not already your friends. To find this list, go to your profile and click Friends below your cover photo and then click More > Followers. If you don't have any followers, you won't see this option. You won't see which of your Facebook friends follow you.
Note: If you let people who aren't your friends follow you, people who send friend requests that you ignore or delete will automatically start following you. If you don't want someone to follow you, you can block them at any time.
Following on Marketplace
Keep in mind that anyone on Marketplace can follow you if you allow following on Marketplace.