How can I use lists to organize my friends on Facebook?
Change platform:Computer Help
You can use lists to organize your friends on Facebook. Using a list, you can post an update for specific people, like your coworkers or friends who live near you. You can also see updates from specific groups of people (example: close friends, family).
You can add or remove friends from these lists at any time. People won’t be notified when you add them to these lists.
Your friend lists on Facebook
To help you get started, you have friend lists for:
- Close Friends: Friends you may want to share exclusively with.
- Acquaintances: People you might want to share less with. You can choose to exclude these people when you post something, by choosing Friends except Acquaintances in the audience selector.
- Restricted: This list is for people you’ve added as a friend but just don’t want to share with, like your boss. When you add someone to your Restricted list, they will only be able to see your Public content or posts of yours that you tag them in.
You can also create custom lists to organize friends as you like. You choose who goes into these lists and what (if any) privacy restrictions apply. Note that your friends won’t get notified when you add them to custom lists.
To see your friend lists:
- From your News Feed, click Friend Lists in the left menu. If you don't see it, click See More.
- Click to open a list. You can also click + Create List to create a new one.
Learn more about managing your lists on Facebook.