How can I use lists to organise my friends on Facebook?
Change platform:Computer help
You can use lists to organise your friends on Facebook. Using a list, you can post an update for specific people, such as your colleagues or friends who live near you. You can also see updates from specific groups of people (e.g. close friends, family).
You can add or remove friends from these lists at any time.
Your friend lists on Facebook
To help you get started, you have friend lists for:
- Close friends: Friends you may want to share exclusively with.
- Acquaintances: People you might want to share less with. You can choose to exclude these people when you post something, by choosing Friends except acquaintances in the audience selector.
- Restricted: This list is for people you've added as a friend but just don't want to share with, such as your boss. When you add someone to your Restricted list, they will only be able to see your public content or posts of yours that you tag them in.
You can also create custom lists to organise friends as you like. You choose who goes into these lists and what (if any) privacy restrictions apply.
To see your friend lists:
- From your News Feed, click Friends in the left menu. If you can't see it, click See more.
- Click Custom lists, then click a friend list to open. You can also click Create list to create a new one.
Learn more about managing your lists on Facebook.