Adjust your Facebook privacy settings
Change platform:Computer Help
If you sign up for a Facebook account and are under 16, you will be opted into our suggested privacy settings for a more private experience.
You can view and adjust your privacy settings at any time.
Adjust your privacy settings
- Click your profile picture in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & privacy, then click Settings.
- Click Privacy in the left column.
For other things you share on Facebook, you can select the audience before you share. Learn more about basic privacy settings and tools on Facebook.
Some other ways to review and manage your information on Facebook:
- Review Facebook privacy policies and manage your privacy settings in the Privacy Center.
- Update your Feed preferences to see more content that you're interested in.
- You can also hide an ad that isn't interesting or useful to you or review why you're seeing a particular ad.
- Walk through Privacy Checkup to make sure you're sharing your information with who you want.
- Visit Access Your Information to see and manage your Facebook information, or download your Facebook information for review.
- Manage some of the content you share on Facebook, like posts, photos and videos, from the Manage Activity section of your activity log.