How do I prevent people from downloading my Page's videos to Facebook?
Change platform:Computer Help
Pages are a way for businesses, brands and public figures to connect with their fans on Facebook. Learn more about the difference between a profile and a Page.
People in some countries can download videos to Facebook. This allows them to watch videos on Facebook without an internet connection and without using extra mobile data. When someone downloads a video to Facebook, the video is stored in the Facebook app, not on their mobile device.
To prevent people from downloading your Page's videos to Facebook:
- From your News Feed, click Pages in the left menu.
- Go to your Page.
- Click Settings at the top of your Page.
- From General, click Content Distribution.
- Click to check the box next to Prohibit downloading to Facebook.
- Click Save Changes.
If you choose to allow video downloading, keep in mind that people can't see a video they've downloaded to Facebook if:
- You delete the video from your Page.
- You can change the audience of the video and they're not in the new audience.