How do I create a birthday fundraiser on Facebook?
Change platform:Computer Help
You may see suggestions for creating a nonprofit fundraiser from us on your birthday.
We choose which fundraisers to suggest to you based on how much support the nonprofit gets on Facebook and fundraisers you’ve shown interest in the past. Learn more about nonprofit fundraising on Facebook.
Create your birthday fundraiser
When you start a nonprofit fundraiser on Facebook, 100% of the funds you raise go to the nonprofit.
- On your computer, login to Facebook.
- In the promotion in your News Feed, either:
- Select one of the nonprofits we’ve suggested
- Type into the search bar to find a nonprofit
- Select the nonprofit you want to raise money for.
- Under “Let’s start with the basics,” enter:
- The name of the nonprofit you’re raising money for
- How much you want to raise
- The currency you want to donations to be in
- The date you want the fundraiser to end
- Click Next.
- Under “Tell your story,” enter:
- A title for your fundraiser
- A brief explanation for why you wanted to create this fundraiser
- Click Next.
- Under “Pick a cover photo,” choose one of the suggested photos.
- Click Create.
A message will pop up that congratulates you on creating your fundraiser. From there, you can invite your friends to donate, share your fundraiser in your News Feed, or donate to the fundraiser yourself.
If you’re not ready to do any of those things, at the top right, click X.