Does it cost money to use Facebook?
No, we don’t charge you to use Facebook. Instead, we charge advertisers to show ads on the Facebook family of apps and technologies. This helps us make Facebook available to everyone without charging people for access to it.
When using Facebook, keep in mind:
- You need Internet access to use Facebook from your computer, mobile phone or tablet, and your Internet provider may charge you for this access. Learn more about data charges and connecting to Facebook on your mobile phone or tablet.
- Using some Facebook features, such as text message notifications, may also lead to charges from your mobile provider.
- If you add your payment information to Facebook, you can do things like make purchases from businesses, send money to friends, support creators on Facebook and purchase ads on Facebook.
- If you make a purchase on Facebook, we may earn a commission or transaction fee from that activity.
- You can also make purchases through Facebook for games, apps and other items.
Note: Facebook doesn't sell your information, and we don't share information that personally identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us permission.