Unpublish or deactivate your Facebook Page
Change platform:Computer Help
Pages that you manage may be in the new Pages experience. Learn more about new Pages.
Published and active Pages are visible to the public. Unpublishing or deactivating your Page will hide it from the public, including the people who like or follow your Page.
Your Page won't be visible to the public until it's published or reactivated again. You can unpublish or deactivate your Page at any time if you're an admin of a classic Page or have Facebook access with full control of a new Page.
Unpublishing or deactivating a Page won't delete it. Learn how to delete a Page.
New Pages Experience
To deactivate your Page:
- Log into Facebook, then click your profile photo in the top right.
- Click See all Profiles, then select the Page you want to switch into.
- Click your Page's profile picture in the top right of Facebook.
- Click Settings & privacy, then click Settings.
- In the left menu, click Privacy and then click Facebook Page information.
- Next to Deactivation and deletion, click View.
- Select Deactivate Page and click Continue, then follow the steps to deactivate your page. You may be asked to enter your password.
To reactivate your Page:
- From your main profile, click at the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & privacy, then click Settings.
- Click Privacy, then click Your Facebook Information.
- Click Reactivation, then next to the Page you want to reactivate, click Reactivate.
To unpublish your Page:
- From your Feed, click Pages in the left menu.
- Go to your Page and click Settings in the bottom left.
- From General, click Page Visibility.
- Click to select Page unpublished.
- Click Save Changes.
- Share your reason for unpublishing this Page.
- Click Next then click Unpublish.
To publish your Page:
Follow the instructions above and click to select Page published.
Keep in mind that newly created Pages may be unpublished because of inactivity.