How do I report a Facebook account or Page that’s pretending to be me or someone else?
Accounts and Pages that impersonate other people go against our Community Standards and aren't allowed on Facebook. If you see an account that's pretending to be you, someone you know or a public figure (example: celebrity, politician), we encourage you to let us know. You can report potentially impersonating accounts to us even if you don't have a Facebook account.
To report someone who's pretending to be you or someone else, first determine if you're reporting a profile or a Page.
How to report a profile or Page
If you have a Facebook account and want to report a profile or Page:
- Go to the profile or Page of the impersonating account.
- If you can't find it, try searching for the name used on the profile or Page or asking your friends if they can send you a link to it.
- Click below the cover photo.
- If you're reporting a Page, select Find Support or Report Page. If you're reporting a profile, select Find Support or Report Profile.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for impersonation to file a report.
You can report an impersonating Facebook account by filling out a form.
Note: You can also report impersonating accounts in Messenger. Learn how to report someone that's pretending to be you or someone else in Messenger.